Charbhuja ji is a famous temple of the lord Vishnu in the Garhbor village in the Kumbhalgarh tehsil of Rajsamand district in the state of Rajasthan, India.
Charbhuja means four hands. Lord Vishnu is also called as Charbhuja for his four hands. The temple is located in the village Garhbor of Rajsamand district on the Rajsamand-Desuri highway. Situated in the laps of Aravalli ranges, this small but beautiful village is home for Lord Vishnu. The simple temple is place of devotees on the banks of Gomati river.
The temple was built in 1444 AD. According to the inscription inside the temple, village name was Badri, therefore, the idol is considered as BadriNath.
85 centimeters in height, the four arms of the idol hold conch, discus, mace and a lotus flowers. The Rajputs and the Gujjars hold a special reverence for this temple. Rajputs attribute a sword and shield as symbol of Rajput chivalry in every darshan.
The temple is made by mirrors, Lime mortars and Marble. Specially, the mirror work in the main abode is amazing. The shutters of the inner temple are made of gold while outer shutters are made of silver. Garud ji is installed in the other courtyard. Stone elephants are placed on the both sides of the entrance. Temple is in the open space. The temple is visited by thousands of pilgrims.
Then the king Shri Gang Dev got divine instruction in his dream to install the idol to be recovered from water. Then he installed this idol in his garh (fort). It is said the Pandavas also worshiped this idol before proceeding for their last YATRA to Himalaya. To protect this temple about 125 battles have taken place. Many times idol also was submerged in the water for its safety. (wikipedia.org)